The mala beads have existed for a long time and, it links with several cultures. From the onset, the mala beads have been used for prayers, meditation, and practices involving the chanting of mantras. As such, the mala beads attract good luck and fortunes to those who use it.
The mala beads or the Buddha bracelets are beautiful instruments that are very useful. You may use it as decoration both for the body and the interior of homes. Mostly, the beads are worn on the neck as necklaces or worn on the wrist as bracelets. And, they are of different colors, sizes, types, and meanings
In this article, we will look at these:
- What Is a Buddha Bracelet?
- The Uses of Mala Beads
- Different Colors of the Mala Beads and What They Mean
- The Seven Chakras and the Mala Beads that Stimulates Each
- Where You Can Get Mala Beads
What Is a Buddha Bracelet?
The Buddha beads are spiritual instruments made up of several beads usually 108 beads with the addition of the Guru bead. A Guru bead is the largest of all beads. Thus, the Guru bead portrays a stable, self-reliant, and self-aware nature.
The Mala beads serve as a guide or used to mark points during meditation. It also plays a great role when reciting or repeating mantras. This is especially, for those who have their eyes closed during these practices.
The Uses of Mala Beads
The Mala beads serve various purposes for various people who make use of it. However, there are popular practices where the use of Mala beads is crucial. Thus, these practices include:
Japa Mala Mantra Meditation
This is a practice that involves the continuous repetition of mantra while the person slides along the beads with his finger. Basically, the recitation of the mantra starts with the Guru bead and also ends with the Guru bead.
This practice aims to get the mind into the state of meditation. Mala prayers rely mostly on the power of repetition to achieve meditation. Usually, this will help discipline the practitioners in their daily living by incorporating repetition power into their activities. Thus, they lead a life of balance and focus with respect to both the body and mind.
One may wear a Japa Mala bracelet during the day to serve as a reminder for mindfulness and mantra recitation.
Breathing Meditation “Pranayama”
Breathing meditation is a practice of mindful inhalation and exhalation. Therefore, to keep absolute track of your breathing when practicing “Pranayama”, using a Mala bead will help you to go a long way.
During this practice, inhalation and exhalation take place in one bead with a node serving as a marker. In other words, the node determines where the breath in or breath out occurs on a bead.
A breathing meditation helps its practitioners to control their stress and anxiety levels. As such, the practice generally improves the wellbeing of the individuals practicing it. It helps them to relax and concentrate more. Thus, reducing the effect of stress and anxiety from daily activities.
The Mala beads even while it serves as a spiritual tool can measure up also as art for decoration. That is to say, one can wear it as an accessory on the body (as a bracelet or a necklace) or hung on the wall of interior spaces as interior decorations.
Since the Mala bead is a spiritual tool, many who use it in this way attracts favor and fortune with it. As such, it is not only for adornment strictly.
Other uses of the Mala beads may depend on the type or color of the beads which we will see below.
Different Colors of the Mala Beads and What They Mean
One can use any Mala bead for prayer, meditation, and chanting of mantras. However, different colors and stones have various meanings. These help in attaining a purpose in addition to the meditation. As such, the wearer can choose rightly the color and type of gemstone Mala beads to wear to meet his intentions.
Gemstones have a healing capacity. As a result, when choosing a Mala bead, you may consider one with a gemstone. And, depending on what your intentions are, maybe battling anxiety, improving creativity, or enhancing your spiritual energy different stones works for a particular purpose.
Generally, consider the look and feel of the stone. Here are the meanings of the different color Mala beads that will help you choose the right one for your intended purpose.
White and Transparent (Clear) Mala Beads
- Improve meditation experience
- Cleanse bad energy
- Enhance the effect of other crystals
- Purify the mind and body
- Enhance memory capacity
- Increase desire to learn
- Expand horizon (see things with an open mind from a different perspective)
- Calms minds that are overactive that may cause sleeplessness
- Breed favor, serenity, and patience
- Frustration and anger control
- Boosts balance in psychology
- Promotes Self-esteem
- Boost recovery energy
- Sooth the nervous system
- Brings Grace
- Healing and Protection
- Driveaway bad energy
- Bring balance and stability
Black Mala Beads
Black Agarwood (Eaglewood)
- Control hyperactivity disorder that may cause sleeplessness
- Calm, invigorate, and purify the mind and body
- Works during difficult times to bring strength and calm
- Repel negative energy
- Detoxifying effects
- Base chakra stimulator
- Promote Grounding
- Boost self-control
- Improve health and Protection
- Increases endurance
- Balances all the body energy
- Brings great fortune
- Clears a confused state of mind
- Promote strength and compassion
- Increases insightfulness and stability
- Brings down walls formed by past encounters
- Protect the mind against bad energy
Brown Mala Beads (Including Wood Beads)
Bodhi Seed Bead
- Signify awakening and faith
- Shows Dedication
- Helps those who are on the path to enlightenment
Note: the Buddha attained enlightenment while meditating under a Bodhi tree.
- Enhance talent discovery
- Promote confidence
- Offers inspiration to achieve life goals
- Offer protection and ensure grounding
Tulsi Plant Beads
Tulsi is the known holy basil. And, through history, this plant had appeared in many religious and spiritual practices. The stem of the Tulsi plant is the part used for making these beads. The function of Tulsi plant beads include:
- Protects the wearer from physical accidents.
- It creates a balance between the Vata and Kapha doshas.
- It makes the wearer sleep peacefully without bad dreams.
Brown Agate Beads
- Gives more stability to the inner self.
- Enhances the power of perception, focus, and ability to analyze accurately.
- Triggers’ self-confidence, maturity, and composure.
- strengthens relationships both with friends and families (it gives the wearers the ability to filter out bitterness and forgive easily.
Bayong Wood Beads
- Ensures stability and grounds physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Rosewood is a beautiful deep reddish color wood that:
_ Clears out all bad energies.
- Protects the wearers from negative influences
- Extends healing within the wearer and those around him.
- It helps achieve desires by removing obstacles blocking the way.
Red Mala Beads
Red Tiger Eye Beads
- It provides the motivation to achieve goals.
- Promotes humility and confidence.
- Improves low drive for sex
- Recommended for those who find it difficult to commit to their goals.
Red Jasper Beads
- Spiritual grounding, creativity, empathetic, organization, and rejuvenating.
- Helps those who shows sign of allergy toward animals and those that are easily overwhelmed.
- Clears the mind and improves concentration.
- Improves health and ensure quick recovery from ill-health.
- Cleanses bad energies and re-energizes.
- Balances the drive for sex.
- It improves self-confidence and courage.
- Promotes love and devotedness.
- Wipes away taboos and inhibitions.
- Possess strong and intense feelings.
Pink Mala Beads
- It creates a balance in emotions and helps in quick recovery from emotional pains.
- It helps in building self-love and confidence.
- Encourages forgiveness.
- It helps in stimulating the heart chakra.
- Recommended for people battling with emotional issues and abuse.
- Promotes harmony, truth, and unconditional love.
- Bring comfort to those in grief.
- It helps purify the heart and opens it.
- Removes negative energy.
Unakite Mala Beads
These are beautiful stones that are pink and green in color. They make a pleasing appearance of a mala bead. The effects include:
- It helps in noticing things that may cause inhibition to the wearer’s spiritual growth.
- It helps to deal with pain and anger.
- promotes balancing and grounding.
- recommended for people who want to overcome their past and move on. Or, are dealing with changes in life.
Orange Mala Beads
_ Helps to build energy and protection,
- Promotes a stable emotion and a calm mind.
- Aids to attain goals.
- Enhances protection.
- Inspires creativity and motivates.
- Promotes Courage, positivity, and vitality.
- Stimulates a clear focus.
- Removes negative emotions.
- Good when battling with abuse and depression.
- It enhances passion and compassion.
- Help to induce sexuality and promote fertility.
- Good for cleansing and promotes healing.
- Love attraction.
- Brings Happiness and pleasure.
- It offers vitality, relief from stress and healing of emotions.
- It can attract good fortune.
- recommended for those dealing with long ill-health, or are recovering from such.
Yellow Mala Beads
Yellow Malay Jade
- Gives inspiration for learning and acquiring new knowledge.
- It enhances wisdom, view angle, and moderation.
- It helps in dream understanding.
- Maximizes empathy and compassion.
- Creates balance in the solar plexus chakra.
- Battles out negative energy.
- Brings success and good fortune in business and other life affairs.
- Inspires energy and upliftment.
- Promotes prosperity and fortune.
Honey Calcite Beads
- Maximizes energy and vigor.
- It enhances courage, confidence, strength, persistence, and vitality.
- It helps in changing stubborn thoughts during meditation.
- Brings calm during the occurrence of changes and makes easy the challenges that come with it.
- It helps those battling with depression.
- Works to balance out the crown chakra.
Blue Mala Beads
Blue Aventurine Beads
- Enhances communication and self-expression
- Dispels fear and makes one true to himself.
- Promotes creativity and Business success.
Blue Tiger Eye Beads
- Useful in the relief of stress.
- Promotes protection, perception, motivation, confidence, and humility.
- A great choice for people with issues of committing to their goals and want to achieve more.
Blue Sky Jasper
- Promotes protection and gives balance.
- Inspires Independence.
- It gives relief to emotional stress.
- It enhances truth within oneself.
- It helps in self-expression and awareness.
- Eases stress and feelings of depression.
- Clears thoughts and inspires the mind to take decisions easily.
- It creates a balance of the throat chakra.
Indian Bloodstone Beads
This particular stone can come in varying colors between blue and Purple. The characteristics include:
- Relief from ill-health. – Help in detoxification and revitalizing.
- Dispels negativity and evil.
- It enhances confidence and courage.
Purple Mala Beads
- Enhances memory.
- Dispels negative feelings of anger, depression, grief, and anxiety.
- It helps in addiction recovery.
- useful in the stimulation of the third eye chakra.
- Protects from attacks and harm.
- Aides the relief of insomnia.
- Promotes balance, motivation, and tranquility.
- Recommended as a gift for soldiers and travelers to serves for protection from harm.
- It offers protection and relief from negative attachments.
- Promotes the feeling of positivity and serenity.
- Dispels stress and anxiety.
- Aides the healing of emotion.
- It creates a balance of the crown chakra.
- Inspires one to live his best life.
Crazy Lace Agate Beads
- Inspires self-confidence, calm spirit, and self-acceptance.
- Enhances focus and concentration.
- Brings the vitality of the organs.
- Clears out the energy path and removes blockages.
- It helps to neutralize emotional pains.
Green Mala Beads
Green Aventurine Beads
- Promotes empathy, compassion, prosperity, and perseverance.
- Eases decision making.
- It encourages healing and brings a feeling of comfort.
- Ensures Calm, peace, and general well-being of the wearer.
- Great for those in positions of leadership and management.
Green Jade Beads
- Dispels negativity and brings soothing feelings to the mind.
- Promotes a stable personality.
- Triggers great ideas.
- Attracts good fortune and great friendship.
- Inspires dreams filled with insights.
- Creates a balance of the Heart Chakra
- Brings a balance to emotions.
- Enhances self-confidence and creativity spirit.
- Dispels negative energy and aids recovery from bad behaviors and habits.
- Brings a comforting feeling when facing challenges resulting from changes.
- Heals the heart and emotions.
The Moss Agate beads are found in varying colors between green and blue. the characteristics include:
- Promotes the growth of personality.
- Inspires strength and confidence.
- It encourages emotional balance and self-esteem.
- The midwives use the moss agate to ease delivery pain.
The Seven Chakras and the Mala Beads that Stimulates Each
The Chakras within us need to awake and align with our spiritual pursuit. As a result, here is the description of the seven Chakras and the Mala beads that can help you balance your Chakras. As such, you can choose more precisely.
The Root Chakra
This is the first Chakra, and it lies at the base of the spine. Traditionally, the Root Chakra is the body’s seat of spiritual energy. Also, it is referred to as the Muladhara. When you stimulate this Chakra, your spiritual journey toward enlightenment becomes clear and defined. More so, it ensures a stable self and promotes spiritual grounding.
Make use of the following stone beads in your meditation and spiritual prayers to awake your Root Chakra:
- Black Obsidian
- Smoky Quartz
- Black Tourmaline
Using these stones will help you to awaken your Root Chakra. Thus, enhancing your spiritual stability.
The Sacral Chakra
This is the second Chakra. You can find it tucked within the lower abdomen between your belly button pubic bone. Also, you can refer to the Sacral Chakra as the Svadhisthana. In loose translation, this means sweetness. This Chakra switches between our emotions and sexual desires. Also, it represents our creative nature and inborn talent. When you balance this Chakra, you will experience a free flow in your relationships with others, you will better handle your emotions, pain, and pleasure.
To stimulate and balance your Sacral Chakra, using the following stone beads in your meditation and prayer practices will help you. Thus:
- Orange Carnelian
- Orange Adventurine
- Snowflake Obsidian
- Orange Agate
- Tiger Eye
These powerful stone beads will help to achieve the right balance within your Sacral Chakra.
The Solar Plexus Chakra
This is the third chakra and it lies at the bottom part of the rib cage. Another name for this chakra is Manipura a lustrous gem. The Solar Plexus Chakra represents our main personality and our perception of things surrounding us.
To stimulate this chakra and balance issues relating to power struggle and self-esteem, or, incite a sense of purpose and strong willpower, use the following stones in your meditation practices. Thus:
- Yellow Jasper
- Yellow Agate
- Gold Tiger Eye
- Gold Calcite
- Yellow Quartz
These stone beads will help you keep active your Solar Plexus Chakra. And, make you a better power manager.
The Heart Chakra
The Fourth Chakra. This Chakra lies in the central chest. Also, you can refer to it as the Anahata Chakra In general, it represents our varying emotional feelings. These feelings include love, compassion, respect, jealousy, pain, hate, grief and other feelings of attachments. Certainly, when you balance the Heart Chakra, you can be able to control these feelings instead of them controlling you.
The Stone beads to keep your Heart Chakra balanced includes:
- Green Aventurine
- Green Tourmaline
- Rose Quartz
- Green Jade
- Green Garnet
These stones will help you be in control of your emotions.
The Throat Chakra
The Fifth Chakra. This chakra represents peace,
spiritual guide, and purity. Another name for this Chakra is The Vishuddha Chakra. it is also the center of nectar and poison. There is a need to balance this Chakra as it can affect your communication ability. Hence, you can turn to a careless talkative or even find it difficult to communicate your feelings when this chakra is unbalanced.
Use the Mala beads made of the following stones to keep this Chakra balanced. Thus:
- Lapis Lazuli
- Blue Calcite
- Blue Kyanite
These Stones will help you create a balance in your Throat Chakra. As such, you will be in control of your communications.
The Third Eye Chakra
The Sixth Chakra. This Chakra represents our perception, intuition, and spiritual guidance. The Third Eye Chakra is also known as Ajna chakra. When you balance this chakra, you will experience clarity in vision, ease in making the right decisions, envision your dreams, and enhance your meditative practices.
Here are the stone beads to help you balance your Third Eye Chakra.
- Purple Tourmaline
- Purple Fluorite
- Purple Lepidolite
Using the Mala bead made of these stones will help you harmonize your intellect and passion.
The Crown Chakra
The Seventh Chakra. This Chakra is a symbol of our cosmic consciousness and spirituality. You can also refer to it as the Sahasrara. In loose translation, it means a lotus with a thousand petals. When balanced, there will be a free flow of spiritual energy and spiritual grounding. You will feel the divine energy through you.
To stimulate the Crown chakra, you can make use of the Mala beads made of the following powerful stones. Thus:
- Crystal Quartz
- White Howlite
- White Jade
- White Opal
These stones will help you activate your spiritual doorway.
Where to Get a Mala Bead
Check out our Various powerful stone beads already blessed to attract the energy that comes it.
This page introduces Mala beads and various functions. As a result, you easily choose a Mala bead that suits your Personality without confusion.
Get yours here.